Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If My Life Had a Title

If my life had a title it would be "The Nail Polish Chronicles." No matter where I am or what I'm doing, you can bet that I've paid meticulous attention to my nails. I buy and research nail polish constantly. I could talk about it for hours on end, and sometimes I do just that. This obsession has garnered me quite a collection of polishes, and I realized recently that I've been neglecting some of them. I have almost 90 bottles and have not even worn some of them. This is a serious problem. 

That's why I've decided that I'm going to make a point to wear every single color I own. I want to enjoy each and every color, because I'm crazy enough to believe that that's what they deserve. That is what's brought us here. I am about to embark on a very serious and awesome journey, and I don't want to do it alone. To ensure completion of this task I figure I should set a few ground rules for myself.

1. I will paint my nails twice a week. 
2. I will work my way, from left to right, through these color wheels.


3. If the polish is an affect (i.e. shatter or matte) I'll put it on top of the color prior to it on the wheel.
4. If (when) I buy new colors they'll jump to the beginning of the line.
5. I will post a picture and blurb about each color on here before I change to the next color. 

I currently own 83 bottles. This means that I'll complete this project 42 weeks from now, putting my date of completion at August 25, 2012. Now, that's only if I don't purchase any new polishes in the next 10 months, and that's nearly impossible. So, I could finish next summer, I could finish 5 years from now, but the only way to know is to get this party started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment